The Workflow Script tool can include both scripts that are included in a document’s route (and need no further setup) and scripts that are triggered by document events. If you want a script to be triggered by an event, you must indicate the event in the Events for Workflow Script part of the Workflow Script tool.
[If necessary, read How to create a new workflow script before reading the instructions below.]
- Expand a script row. The Events for… Workflow Script part will appear.
- Select a Doc type from the drop-down menu.
- Add a new event row.
- Click in the Trigger When field. A Workflow Script Triggers window will pop up.
- Click on the triggers you want to set up for your workflow script. You can choose one or more of the following:
- First Save: the script will run when the document is first saved.
- Normal Saves: the script will run every time the document is saved.
- On Create: the script will run when the document is first started.
- Newly Pending: the script will run when the document status changes to any Pending status.
- Newly Closed: the script will run when the document status changes to any Closed status.
- Newly Approved: the script will run when the document status changes to any Approved status.
- When Combined Only: the script will run only when the selected triggers both occur. For example, if you select Newly Closed and Newly Approved and When Combined Only, the script will run only when a document status is both Approved and Closed.
- Click OK. A number representing your choice will appear in the Trigger When field.
- (optional) It is possible to have different scripts be triggered by the same event on a document. In those situations, the events are triggered in the Sequence order. If you want to change the order in which this event will be triggered, change the Sequence number.
- (optional) If you want the system to stop running triggered scripts after an event has triggered this script, click on the Stop checkbox to check it.
- Accept the row.
- Save your changes.
Last updated: September 19, 2017 at 9:59 am;