How do I add a new document status for my Commitment that will appear in the Status drop-down only when the Commitment is Pending?
You will need to add a new code to the DocStatus code set in the Code Maintenance tool, and also set up a NextDocStatus rule for that code.
First, add a code to the DocStatus code set:
Spitfire uses the codes internally. The descriptions of the codes are what appear in the Status drop-down menu.
If the document window is open:
- Click the Status field to open the drop-down menu.
- At the bottom of the document, click the DocStatus link.
Note: if the link is not available to you, see the next set of instructions.
- Continue with the section “In either case” below.
If you are accessing the Code Maintenance tool directly:
- Go to the Code Maintenance tool on the Manage Dashboard and expand the DocStatus code set.
- In the filters, select the desired Doc Type. The current codes for that Doc type will appear.
In either case:
- Add a new code and description, for example, W for “Reviewed.”
- Remember the code you just added because you will need it in the NextDocStatus rule. Also, make note of the code for the status that will allow the new status (for example, P for Pending).
- Accept the row, save your changes (and, if in the pop-up Manage Codes window, close the window).
Second, add to your NextDocStatus rules:
The NextDocStatus rules determine which choices show up on the drop-down when you are already at a particular status. This allows you to control status flow and to prevent users from selecting inappropriate statuses.
- Go to the Rules Maintenance tool on the System Admin Dashboard and expand the NextDocStatus rule group.
- Uncheck the Site Only checkbox. Spitfire distributes several NextDocStatus rules.
- Select your Doc Type in the filter. Any NextDocStatus rules already set up for your Doc type will appear.
- Look for the older code (e.g., P) in the Rule column.
- If it already exists, either
- Edit that row or
- Copy that row in order to configure it
- If it does not exist,
- Use the “Add New” icon to add a row then
- Enter the older code as the Rule.
- Enter all the statuses that should be available, including the new one you just added to the Code Maintenance tool, as the Result Value. Enter codes within single quotes and separated by commas. (See KBA-01118 for more information.) For example,
- Save your changes.
- Click the Reload Configuration button on the left side of the System Admin Dashboard.
- The next time you open a document of that Doc type with the configured Doc status (Pending in our example), you will see the new status on the drop-down:
Note: A Next Doc Status Matrix Report is available.