Question: How can I delete an Item from the Submittal Item Register? Sometimes the “trash” icon is enabled, so I can use it, but other times it is greyed out, so I can’t.
Answer: The trash icon is disabled if the Submittal Item is also on a Submittal and/or Submittal Package document. Remember that the same Item can appear on a Submittal, Submittal Package and the Submittal Item Register.
You can tell that an Item is also on a Submittal and/or Submittal Package by the color of certain icons in the Submittal Item Register. The first column indicates whether the Item is on a Submittal; the second column indicates whether the Item is on a Submittal Package. Orange icons mean yes; grey icons mean no.
Note: Blue icons mean the Submittal or Submittal Package has been closed (made read-only). Items on closed documents cannot be deleted.
If the Item is neither on a Submittal nor a Submittal Package (because it was added directly to the Submittal Item Register), you can click the trash icon to delete it. Otherwise, if the Item is on an open document (orange icon):
- Click the orange icon on the Item row.
- Click the document description. The Submittal or Submittal Package document will open.
- Go to the Items tab on that document and use the trash icon to delete the Item there.
- Save and close the document window.
- Repeat if the Item is also on the other document (Submittal or Submittal Package).
- Close and reopen the Submittal Item Register.
- Click the now-enabled trash icon to delete the Item from the Submittal Item Register.
For more information about the interaction of the Submittal, Submittal Package and Submittal Item Register, see the chapter in the Focus on Doc Types and Project Workflow guide.