First, how can I find out what role capability is needed for a certain access or permission, and second, how can I know if any roles in my system already have that capability.
Our client support website has information about what each role capability does, and the Roles tool on the System Admin Dashboard includes a capability filter.
Where to get more information about role capabilities:
- Go to Designing User Roles on support.spitfirepm.com.
- On the page that appears, click on the area that will be affected by the capability (for example, Contacts Dashboard) to find the one(s) you need.
- Once on the page, you can use CTFL+F to search for a particular word.
- You can also read the PDF for concepts and general information.
- You can also go to the index if you know the name of the capability that you want to research.
To find which existing role has a particular capability:
- Go to the Roles tool on the System Admin Dashboard
- Change the Type filter to blank to find results among both Primary and Subordinate roles.
- Find the capability you want on the Has drop-down. Note that while we often refer to a capability as module | capability (for example, PAGE | Add Files), the Has filter only lists the capabilities without the module.
- All roles that contain the capability will be listed.
Keywords: role permissions