When we start Commitments/Subcontracts, we know how many days we expect the work to take. Can Spitfire give us a way to indicate a Start date and a number of days, and then calculate the Finish date for us?
Yes. In V2017+, a Days column is available for the Dates tab (on any Doc type with a Dates tab). This column works with the Start and Finish dates so that when one of the fields is changed, the remaining fields are updated.
This Days column may be hidden. You can make the column visible through the UI Configuration tool on the System Admin Dashboard.
How It Works:
- The row must have a Start date or a Finish date in order for the Days field to allow input.
- If both a Start date and a Finish date are entered, the Days field is calculated with number of days.
- If the Start date is entered and a positive number is entered in the Days field, the Finish date is calculated. (For example, 10/1/2018 and 20 gives a Finish date of 10/21/2018.)
- If the Finish date is entered and a negative number is entered in the Days field, the Start date is calculated. (For example, 9/30/2019 and -25 gives a Start date of 9/05/2019.)
- You may need to save before you see the calculated dates.