Spitfire Project Management System (sfPMS) includes a number of reports that gather data about access, user roles and capabilities, finances, and documents.
Reports offer filters by which to focus the data in your system. Using the proper filters, you can quickly create, view and/or print out the information you need.
You can choose to view the report on your screen, or to export the report to Microsoft Excel, either as formatted or raw data.
Recognizing that reports can be, and often are, configured, documentation describes only the Spitfire reports as they are initially shipped with the system.
Keep in mind that access to reports depends on a user’s permission level, as established through the Report Folders tool on the System Admin Dashboard. (For more information, see the Focus on System Administration guide.)
The Report Browser
While some reports can be viewed from a corresponding document, almost all reports are available through the Report Browser to those who have permission to see them.
To view reports:
- Click on either your name or the icon next to it (at the top of the window).
- Select Report Browser. The browser window will open, with the General folder selected by default.
- (optional) Go to the Admin or Executive folder if the report you want is not on the General folder. Note: permission is needed to view the Admin and Executive folders.
- Select your report.
To set an output method:
- Select one of the following output methods from the Output drop-down menu:
- Screen/PDF: displays the report as a PDF file on your screen.
- Excel: exports the report to Microsoft Excel, formatting it in the same manner as the PDF file.
- Raw CSV: exports the raw data to Microsoft Excel.
To run a report:
- Use the filters to focus on the data on the report.
- Click the Run Report button. You should click this button even if you do not use any filters.
Note: your site might not have all of these out-of-the box reports or they may have been renamed.
Last updated: September 1, 2016 at 8:20 am;