How do I make a Contact available on lookups by other members of the same project?
Why is the project team public flag sometimes disabled?
You can make a project team member public within the scope of a project by using the Contacts part on the Project Dashboard.
- On the Team Contacts part of the Project Dashboard, find or add the Contact to the team list.
- Edit the row for the contact. The Public column will appear if you have the List | Maintain Public Contacts capability with the Read permission to view the column.
- Select/check the Public checkbox.
Note: The List | Maintain Public Contacts capability with the Update permission is required to edit the Public column.
- Accept your changes.
If the Public checkbox is disabled, there are two possibilities:
- The Contact has been set to be globally public. (The project public option is irrelevant for a Contact who is already public.)
- You have the List | Maintain Public Contacts capability with only the Read capability; the Update permission is required to edit the Public column.
For the team member to be available on a Contact lookup, the lookup must be opened from a form that is project-centric, such as a document with Project ID. If the Project ID is NOT included on the source for the Lookup, there is no criteria by which a project public designation can be filtered.
KBA-01114; Last updated: October 11, 2016 at 12:51 pm;