Purpose & Scope:
How to default an address to the To or From Address on the Addr tab
A few standard Spitfire Doc types use Source Contact mode to default the address of the Vendor or Customer selected in the Header of the Spitfire documents into the To or From Address on the Addr tab. For example, when you select a Vendor for your Commitment (Subcontract) document, Spitfire defaults that Vendor‘s address information to the To Address on the Addr tab.
To configure your Doc type to do this same thing, you‘ll need to follow these steps:
- Open the Customization/UI Configuration tool on the System Admin Dashboard.
- For Part, select Doc Header – Standard.
- For DocType, select your custom DocType.
- (If Source Contact is already displayed in Doc Header, skip this step): Add a new row and in the Item drop-down select Source Contract and enter Customer or Vendor (whichever is appropriate) as the label.
- Add a new row and in the Item drop-down, select Adv Source Contact (previously SourceContactMode). In Label, enter SCTO or SCFROM to default the Source Contact‘s address information in the To or From Address on the Addr tab.
- Accept your row then save your changes.
Note: if you set Adv Source Contact to SCTO, the default lookup will be CompanyContactList and the Company Name will be displayed. If you wish to use SCTO mode and still look up individuals, you will need to override the value for the Source Contact as shown below:
- Show Advanced fields.
- On the row for Source Contact, set the Lookup to FullcontactList (or some other lookup based upon your needs).
- Include ValidateAgainst=sfUser;ValidateTextAgainst=sfUserNameAlt; in the Extended field.
- Accept and save.
KBA-01197; Last updated: October 10, 2016 at 14:09 pm;
Keywords: source contact address