Did You Know?
When you add team members to your project, their Default Responsibility roles are used to designate their Responsibility on that project. But you can change the Responsibility, if a Contact has more than one project-specific role on that project, and you can list the Contact twice on the team list, if this person has two Responsibilities on the project.
Default Responsibility on the Contact Detail:
- Important: In order to be selected as a Default Responsibility, a project-specific role must have a Responsibility listed on its Responsibility tab:
- When a Contact is given a project-specific role, that role is listed as the Default Responsibility on the Connections tab.
- If a Contact is given other project-specific roles, someone with the proper permission can change the default by finding and selecting a different Responsibility.
Responsibility on Team Contact Part:
When a new Contact is added to the Team Contacts part on a Project Dashboard, Spitfire will list the Default Responsibility from the Contact Detail as the Responsibility on the team, for example:
To change the Responsibility on the Team List:
- Click in the Responsibility field. You will see the lookup icon.
- Click the icon to which roles are eligible to be Responsibility roles, then select a different role.
To give two Responsibilities to the same Contact on the same Team List:
- Click on the drop-down menu for the Contact and select Another Role.
- Select the Responsibility on the row that appears then click the checkmark.
- The Contact will appear twice on the Team List.
How Responsibility Is Used:
Spitfire uses these project responsibilities for role-based predefined routes. For example, if a predefined route has Project Manager as Seq 2, Spitfire looks at the Team List for the Project Manager responsibility and lists all team members who have that Responsibility on the document route at Seq 2.
These Responsibilities are also used in reports and templates. However, if there a multiple people on the same project team with the same Responsibility, Spitfire cannot control which person will show up on the report or template output. In such cases, it is best to create and select a unique Responsibility (in a unique role) for the person who should show up in the report or template output.