Purpose & Scope:
Since most Spitfire data is stored in the SQL database using GUIDs (Globally Unique Identifiers), it can be difficult to find the data for a specific document. Using this method will help you find the GUID so that you can search the database when troubleshooting an issue.
- On the Project Dashboard, select the appropriate Doc Type from the Documents menu.
- In the Document part, scroll through the documents to find the specific document. Use the Document part filter to include Closed documents to help you locate the document, if needed.
- Open the document.
- Double-click in the area next to the Powered by Spitfire logo at the bottom of the document. A pop-up box will appear.
- Copy the string after DataPK=.
- Paste the ‘copied shortcut‘ into a text document (or e-mail message) or rule; the DataPK string is the GUID.
The GUID is the key to the xsfDocHeader table, which represents the root of the document in the SQL database.
KBA-01076; Last updated: January 15, 2019 at 14:08 pm;