- Why do I get the message file /sfPMS/login.aspx has not been pre-compiled and cannot be requested when I try to launch Spitfire from any workstation?
- Why do I get the message Could not load file or assembly ‘App_Licenses‘ or one of its dependencies. The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG)) when I try to launch Spitfire from any workstation?
You have corrupt temporary files on the IIS server that need to be removed. Remove folder(s) of temporary files located inside
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\version\Temporary ASP.NET Files\
Do not remove the Temporary ASP.NET Files\ folder, just the contents of the folder.
The name of the folder on your IIS server varies with the version of .NET. Some examples:
- C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\
- C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\
Note that we consider this a Microsoft issue and as such is not considered a “bug” in Spitfire support.
Since the problem exists on the IIS server, all users are affected and the corrective action must be undertaken by someone with administrative access to the IIS server.
- Open Admin Command Prompt
- IISRESET /STOP
- Erase all files and folders found inside C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\
- IISRESET /START
See also KBA-01373 for symptoms of corrupt Click Once files on workstations.
KBA-01378; Last updated: January 23, 2020 at 9:45 am;
Keywords: pre-compiled, requested, .net, temporary, delete, precompiled