What version of Microsoft Office is supported by Spitfire?
Spitfire and Office versions:
|sfPMS||Office 2007 x32||2010 x32||2013 x32||2016||2019||365|
|V2016 – V2018||Y (SP3)||Y||Y||Y||L|
- Only locally installed versions of Office are supported.
- Prior to Office 2016, only x32 editions of office are supported (and Microsoft recommends x32 unless you have an Excel spreadsheet requiring more then 3GB of memory)
- Office 365 is not a version of Office. It is a subscription service that provides the current version of Office.
- Be aware that Office 365 also offers “light web versions” of the Office tools, which are not supported by Spitfire.
- Because 365 versions are rolling, Spitfire supports contemporary feature. Therefore, V2018 of sfPMS does *not* fully utilize the latest Excel 365 2021 features, but is still compatible.
- 64 bit versions of Office prior to Office 2016 (see “Choose the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Office“)
- Web browser version of Office tools
KBA-01514; Last updated: September 15, 2021 at 13:32 pm
Keywords: office, word, excel, version, supported