I have a project that was created without units. How do I now enable units in BFA?
When each budget revision is created, BFA detects if the project is using units. If not, all the unit columns are hidden, unless you have a project (or a portion of) that becomes self-perform or needs units on some Cost Code for some reason.
Injecting Units in BFA
- Create a Forecast document on the project.
Note: If the Forecast Doc type is not active, enable it through the Doc Types tool on the System Admin Dashboard.
- Name the new Forecast document Inject Units.
- From the document, open the BFA workbook; It will open in Forecast mode.
- Find one of the Cost Codes that will use units.
- Find the FAC units column and enter a 1. (You can double-click and use the Forecast Entry Form if you prefer.)
- Save and close the BFA workbook.
- Approve the Forecast document.
- If you had already created a Budget revision document cancel and/or delete it.
- Create a new Budget revision document.
- Open the BFA workbook from the document.
- BFA will detect that the project has units and enable the units features!
If you have already entered data in the existing budget revision and still want to enable units without having to delete and reenter it all, consider posting what you have and then using this procedure. Otherwise, contact Support for assistance. Poking a value into one of the PriorFACUnit snapshot values will do the trick.
KBA-01653; Last updated: November 16, 2020 at 14:26 pm
Keywords: Adding units to an existing budget