How do I prepare a Grid Export template?
Here is one approach:
- Begin by exporting the grid for which you wish to create a template using the default.
- In Microsoft Excel, unhide the RawData sheet.
- Observe that each column in the sheet has a defined name (such as RawData_ProjectCASummary_StatusDescription)
- Create a sheet of your own,
- Add column headers
- Use the defined names to reference values
- Format your columns
- Add columns with formulas
- Copy down your formulas for an adequate number of rows
- Advanced: save your workbook as an XLSM and use a macro to make the number of rows dynamic.
- When you are happy with your template,
- Delete all the rows of data (2 through n) in RawData.
- Re-hide the RawData sheet.
- Optionally, hide the Export sheet.
- Save your workbook with the intended sheet and cell “current”.
- Open the Manage | Templates tool
- Filter for type = Grid Export to XL.
- Upload the template into the template library.
- Set the Source column to the specific grid for which this is a template.
KBA-01765; Last updated: June 21, 2019 at 10:24 am