Because of user error, we sometimes find ourselves asking Spitfire Support to “poke” a document status back to what it was before. Sometimes Support does this and sometimes Support tells us that they cannot do so. How can we tell if a status is one that can be poked back or not?
The primary reason why we cannot poke a status back to what it was before is because Spitfire integrates with accounting systems and the amounts on both Spitfire and the accounting system need to always be in sync. Amounts are posted when certain statuses on documents are saved. Changing the status after that will not change anything in the accounting side.
Use the following questions to help you determine if a status can be poked back.
- Is your site integrated with an accounting system?
- If no, it is safe to poke the status on every document.
- If yes, continue with question #2.
- Is the Doc type one that posts in your accounting system (e.g., Project Setup, Budget, Commitment, (Owner or Commitment) Change Order, Forecast, Pay Request, Period Distribution, Pay Application) ?
- If no, it is safe to poke the status on the document.
- If yes, continue with question #3.
- Is the status currently Cancelled or Completed (or equivalent)?
- If yes, it is safe to poke the status back, but only to the status prior to Cancelled or Completed.
- If no, continue with question #4.
- Is the status currently Approved or Invoiced (or equivalent)?
- If yes,
- we cannot poke the status. If the Doc type offers the option to “Reverse” on the document’s drop-down menu, you may choose to do so. Otherwise, you will need to adjust the amounts on this document by creating another document of the same Doc type and then approving/invoicing the new document.
- [The exception] Did someone intervene and intercept or prevent the corresponding action in accounting? If so, Support will ask for written confirmation of this exceptional situation. It may then be possible to escalate your ticket for manual review.
- If no, continue with question #5
- If yes,
- Is the status currently Committed (or equivalent)?
- If yes, we cannot poke the status. You need to create a change order to adjust the Committed amount.
If you have further questions, contact Support.
KBA-01818; Last updated: September 13, 2021 at 16:12 pm;