The Templates tool allows you to upload various types of templates into Spitfire’s Template Library for use throughout the system.
Considerations for Templates
Before uploading templates into the Template Library, you’ll need to consider the following:
- What type of template is it? (see list below)
- If the Attachment or Attachment (auto) or Attachment (all), should the output from the template be included in e-mails and faxes when the document is routed?
- If yes, should it be assembled with other output, sent as a PDF, or sent in its native application?
- Is the template for only one Doc Type or Subtype?
- Is the template for only one company Division?
- Is the template for only one Reference?
- Is the template for only one Customer?
- Is the template for a document that is in a project with a specific Project Setup type (not to be confused with Contract type)?
- Does the template include bookmarks in order to merge information from a Spitfire document?
A variety of templates are uploaded into Spitfire and modified through the Templates tool. Currently the Templates tool accepts:
|Attachment, Attachment (auto), and Attachment (all) templates fore document output.||See the Files, Attachments, and Catalog Dashboard Focus Guide.|
|BFA Budget Import Maps templates for budgets.||See the Budgets and Period Distribution Focus Guide.|
|BFA Site Settings files for the BFA workbook.||See the BFA Workbook Focus Guide.|
|BFA Supplemental templates for budgets.||See the BFA Report Tool White Paper.|
|Bid Analysis templates for CoBRA (Competitive Bid Response Analysis).||See the Bid Package – RFQ Processing White Paper.|
|E-mail Body templates for routed e-mails.||See the Routes Focus Guide.|
|Exec Dashboard Export templates for the Executive Dashboard.||See the Executive Dashboard and EDB Report Tool White Paper.|
|Item Cover templates for document items.||See the Document and Item Basics Focus Guide.|
|PAPT (Pay Application Print Templates) for SOV workbooks.||See the Pay Application Print Templates (PAPTs) White Paper.|
|Period Distribution Supplemental templates for PD workbooks.||See the Supplemental Workbooks White Paper.|
|Transmittals templates for document output to routees.||See the Routes Focus Guide.|
|Via XL templates for document items,||See the Spitfire Item Templates (for Via Excel) White Paper.|