Is there any easy way to see what roles have a particular capability? Is there a way to see what roles include a particular included subrole?
Yes. Capability information has long been available through the Admin | User Capability Detail report as well as the Has filter on the Roles tool. Since V2019 there has also been a filter for Included Roles (subroles) in the Roles tool.
To use the report (if you have permission to access the Admin reports):
- Select Report Browser from the User drop-down menu:
- Select the User Capability Detail report from the Admin folder.
- Click on the One Capability filter then find the capability that you want. Capabilities are listed in alphabetical order within modules.
- You can use other filters also (e.g. a User name) to limit results.
- Click the Run Report button to see which roles include the capability.
To use the Has filter on the Roles tool (if you have permission to access the System Admin Dashboard):
- Open the Roles tool then click in the Has filter.
- Select the capability you want. Capabilities are listed in alphabetical order but do not include the module, so are not grouped by module.
- The roles that include the selected capability will be listed.
To use the Includes filter on the Roles tool:
- At the Roles tool, click the Includes filter then select the subrole you want. Subroles are those that appear on a role’s Included Roles tab.
- The roles that include that subrole will be listed.