What version of SQL Server is required?
The following SQL versions are supported:
- SQL Server 2019 with CU8
- SQL Server 2017 with CU22
- SQL Server 2016 with SP2
- SQL Server 2014 with SP2
- SQL Server 2012 with SP4
- SQL Server 2008 R2 with SP3 (10.5.4000) for v2016 and v2017 only, with minor limitations on v2017 (Template Matching)
- You may see “Invalid length parameter passed to the LEFT or SUBSTRING function” creating or routing documents.
- SQL Server 2008 with SP4 for v2016 only
- SQL Server Reporting Services must be installed. For high volume sites, do not install SSRS on the same host as SQL or sfPMS!
- Full Text Indexing must be installed. This feature is a default for some versions and optional for others.
- Web and Workgroup Editions do not support installing the Reporting Services databases on one server and the web components on another server. Both components of SSRS must be installed on the same server.
- Some versions of the Runtime Edition that can be purchased with Microsoft Dynamics does not include SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Enterprise Edition – most Spitfire Sites will see no immediate benefit from SQL Enterprise Edition.
SQL Server 2005 SP2 reached end of Microsoft mainstream support in Jan 2012; Spitfire supports SQL 2005 through V4.2.
For full benefit, after upgrading, you should change the Database Properties – Compatibility Level option to the highest version listed above.
Other KBA address migrating SSRS and databases. See SQL Version chart
KBA-01004; Last updated: November 18, 2020 at 16:19 pm;
Keywords: SQL Server