When I try to use the Add Files tool to add files to the Spitfire Catalog from the workstation file system or scanner, I get an error message that reads:
Error loading XML file http://XXX/sfPMS/acquire/AcquireTool.exe?id=###_dsData.config
There is an invalid character in the given encoding. Line 1, position 3.Why?
An error loading the Add Files tool is normally caused by a configuration error on the IIS Application Server. The error must be addressed by IT personnel with access to the Application Server.
To correct the error:
- Enter IIS Management console and right click on the sfPMS Virtual Directory and choose Properties.
- Click the Configuration button.
- In the Application Configuration Dialog, Mappings tab page:
1. Double click on .ascx.
2. Right click within the executable field and choose COPY.
3. Click CANCEL to close the Mapping Dialog.
4. Click ADD to open a new Mapping Dialog.
i. Right click and paste the executable.
ii. Type .exe in the extension.
iii. Leave all verbs.
iv. Both script engine and verify file exists should be checked.
v. Click OK to close the mapping dialog.
5. Click OK to close the Application Configuration dialog.
If you continue past the error:
– There is no link between the Add Files tool and sfPMS.
– The drop downs on the General Tab page are empty.
– Save will not work.
KBA-01008; Last updated: October 13, 2016 at 13:35 pm;
Keywords: IIS configuration error loading AcquireTool.exe