When I try to open the Forecasting spreadsheet either from the Forecast document or from the Project Dashboard Options menu | Project Analysis selection, the following error message is displayed:‘The current .NET security policy does not permit Spitfire.Forecast to run the folder ../Dashboard…‘
Your workstation security policy has to trust software signed by Spitfire. You can accomplish this either using an installer supplied by Spitfire or manually on the workstation or domain policy source.
Automatically Install the Spitfire signature for the document in .NET:
- Open an Internet Explorer.
- Browse to https://clients.spitfiremanagement.com/TrustSpitfire.htm.
- Download and Run the file – it is Authenticode Signed.
- Follow the installation instructions.
Manually Install the Spitfire signature for the document in .NET:
- In Control Panel > Administrative Tools, open Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Configuration.
- In the left panel, click on Runtime Security Policy.
- Click on Machine.
- Click on Code Groups.
- Right-click on All_Code and select New.
- Select Create a new code group, enter Spitfire Publisher in the Name field, and click Next.
- In Choose the condition type, select Publisher from the drop-down list and click Import from Signed File.
- Navigate to your sfDash.exe file (located in ..InstallBase/sfPMS/Dashboard/ or in your sfPMS site root in the ../sfpms/Dashboard/ folder).
Note: The Name, Issuer Name and Hash fields in the Publisher certificate details area will autofill.
- Click Next.
- Select Full Trust in the ‘Use existing permission set‘ drop-down and click Next.
- Click Finish.
All Office software must be closed for the security policy changes to take effect.
KBA-01109; Last updated: October 13, 2016 at 8:08 am;