When opening the Spitfire Forecast spreadsheet, the Spitfire ScanViewer, etc., the ‘System.InvalidCastException: Return argument has an invalid type.‘ error (or other similar errors relating to the Spitfire.DashboardRemoteInterface) is displayed. How can I fix it?
Spitfire.DashboardRemoteInterface.dll is “strongly named” – this means that the .dll must match in each of its locations in your system.
To check the version of the Spitfire.DashboardRemoteInterface.dll:
- At your Spitfire Dashboard, select About from the Gear menu:
- Double-click the Version Number (in the example below 4.5.5588.2195) to open the detail pane.
- In the detail pane, scroll to find the Spitfire.DashboardRemoteInterface and check the Version.
Note: This will correspond to the version number of the file in your ../siteroot/sitename/dashboard folder
- Check the version number of Spitfire.DashboardRemoteInterface.dll in the following locations:
- On your network install of Microsoft Dynamics SL (DSL): ../Solomon/SF folder
- In your workstation install of Spitfire‘s Extension for DSL: ../Program Files/Spitfire/Solomon Extension
- If necessary, run the ICTool to update the DSL files. Once the ../Solomon/SF folder has the correct version of the dll, opening DSL from the Spitfire Dashboard will automatically update your workstation‘s ../Solomon Extension folder.
WARNING: Spitfire cannot update these files if they are in use, so be sure to close DSL before updating your workstation.
The file paths above are the default paths. The paths to these files on your system may differ.
KBA-01144; Last updated: November 11, 2016 at 8:03 am;
Keywords: strongly named assemblies