Why are the add, rename, and/or delete icons for folders disabled on the Catalog Dashboard? I can use them on the Project Dashboard.
In order to add, rename or delete catalog folders you must have the corresponding permission for the PART | Maintain Catalog and Report folders capability. If you can access the icons from the Project Dashboard, you have this permission (capability). However, the add/rename/delete icons do not enable unless you also have permission to update the page. Certain roles give permission to update the Project Dashboard page, but not the Catalog Dashboard page. You also need insert or update permission on PAGE | Catalog Dashboard in order to enable folder maintenance.
To add the PART | Maintain Catalog and Report Folders capability to a role:
- Open the Roles tool on the System Admin Dashboard.
- Expand the role which is to have this capability.
- Add the PART | Maintain Catalog and Report folders capability to the role.
To add the PAGE | Catalog Dashboard capability to the role:
- Still in the Roles tool on the System Admin Dashboard, expand the role if not already expanded.
- Add the PAGE | Catalog Dashboard capability to the role.
- Edit the capability.
- Check the Insert and Update checkboxes (the second and third checkboxes) to allow Insert and Update permissions.
The reason this feature works in this way is that folders for document items can only be edited while the user has update access to the document. So the folder update logic is sensitive not only to whether the user has the basic ability to maintain folders, but also to the ‘context‘ in which the folders are displayed.
KBA-01293; Last updated: October 19, 2016 at 13:34 pm;