Purpose & Scope:
How to refresh a Test Spitfire database from a Live Spitfire database when integrated with Microsoft Dynamics SL
- If necessary, follow the instruction in KBA-01203, Restoring a Microsoft Dynamics SL database over another Microsoft Dynamics SL database.
- Create a complete backup of your Live Spitfire database, typically called SpitfireDocSys. (Database names may vary at your site).
- Restore the Live backup over your Test Spitfire database, typically called TestSpitfireDocSys. (Database names may vary at your site)
Note: Be sure to change the names (and path) of the physical files to ensure that the backup is being restored to the correct physical files.
NOTE: Spitfire strongly recommends that a prepared SQL script be used. This script should
- perform the restore of the accounting and sfPMS databases in tandem,
- change email address,
- change the recovery model to simple,
- change accounting integration settings (if applicable),
- modify cloud storage paths (if applicable).
- Open the Spitfire Configuration Tool (ICTool.exe).
- If you have multiple Spitfire sites, be sure to open the correct Configuration file for your Test site (File | Open).
- On the SQL tab, be sure that the database names are correct for your Test Site and that the green checkmark appears behind each of the databases. You should add and remove a character in each database name field to force revalidation.
- On the Finish tab,
- Be sure that the Apply sfPMS Package and Apply Microsoft Dynamics Package check boxes are CHECKED. If not, repeat step (6).
- Click the Publish Configuration button. ICTool will update all the views and stored procedures as appropriate.
KBA-01356; Last updated: May 17, 2017 at 9:03 am;
Keywords: restore, database, refresh