I’m trying to use a “Via Excel” template, but when I try to load it, I get the following error message. How do I fix this?
Export Failed – Conversion from string “12/31/1899 12:00:00 AM” to type ‘Double’ is not valid.
There is hidden data in your Microsoft Excel workbook that needs to be removed.
- From the Manage Dashboard, Templates tool, download the Microsoft Excel template to your computer.
- Open the Excel file.
- Right-click on the ToSpitfire tab and select Unhide…
- Select RawDocument.
- If you see any data in the cells beginning on row 2, select all the rows and delete the data. The sheet should be left only with headers:
- Right-click on the RawDocument tab and select Hide.
- Go back to the ToSpitfire tab and select Unhide… again.
- Select RawAddr.
- Repeat steps 5 – 7 for RawAddr.
- Repeat steps 4 – 6 for RawItems.
- Save and close Excel.
- Upload the file back to your template library (on the Manage Dashboard).
It is important to select entire rows in each sheet in order to delete data that might not be visible unless you scroll a lot. In other words, do not highlight just the cells you see with data; highlight whole rows by click in the Row Guide area on the left edge.
KBA-01741; Last updated: June 25, 2018 at 10:58 am