If you are accessing Spitfire in Chrome or Edge, you may encounter some problems, which all stem from a pop-up blocker blocking certain pages from opening. You might not realize that a pop-up blocker is interfering, but instead will have issues such as the following:
- When you try to open a project, it does not open.
- When you open the BFA workbook, then close it, the document (Budget or Forecast) document from which you opened BFA does not reappear, as it should.
- When you try to drill-down in BFA or the Cost Analysis Detail, nothing shows up.
- When you try to create one document from another, the second document does not show up.
Make sure your Spitfire sites (production and test if you have one) are not being blocked by a pop-up blocker.
Note: the following instructions are for Chrome. Similar instructions would apply for all Chromium browsers.
- In Chrome, go the Setting page.
- Search for pop, then click on the Site Settings in the results.
- Expand the Pop-ups and redirects section.
- Search for part of your company name. Just a few letters should be enough. If no search results are found, continue with the next step.
- Click the Add button then type [*.] followed by the company’s domain name. Often the domain name is what follows the @ in your company email address. (If yours is a Spitfire-hosted site, use [*.]spitfirepm.com.)
- Click the Add button. You should now see your company’s domain name listed under Allow.
KBA-01813; Last updated: February 2, 2022 at 17:57 pm keywords: popup, pop-up, blocker