Is it possible to access and use Spitfire on an iPad or Android tablet (or other mobile device)?
Yes, it is definitely possible to access your Spitfire site on a mobile device. Usage of Spitfire is mostly the same, except for usage that depends on Microsoft Office integration. Here are some details to keep in mind:
- A Chromium-based browser (such as Google Chrome) is strongly recommended to run Spitfire.
- There is an option on My Settings to indicate This is a Mobile Device. Click that checkbox to improve usage.
- Viewing and editing files may be limited:
- On a mobile device, you cannot open the BFA, SOV or Period Distribution workbooks.
- Depending on the software on the mobile device, you may be able to view Word, Excel or other types of files.
- You will likely be able to view PDF files.
- If you have Office 365 on your mobile device, you may be able to manually download attached Word and Excel files in order to edit them, and then manually upload the files again to your document.
- If you do not have Office 365 on your mobile device, you will not be able to edit attached Word and Excel files.
KBA-01828; Last updated: May 25, 2022 at 12:38 pm ;