Q: When I use the Get COs option on my SOV workbook, the Change Item from my Change Order is listed at the bottom of the workbook. I want to break it out into several line items on the SOV. Is there a way to do that?
A: Yes! By default, when you use the Get COs option, each Change Item from each Change Order will be listed as a separate line on your SOV workbook, but there is a way to split Change Items onto multiple SOV lines.
To split a Change Item onto multiple SOV lines:
- When you open the SOV workbook, use the Get COs for Copy-In option (instead of the Get COs option). The Select COs dialog box will appear:
- Select your Change Order(s) and click Insert. The Copy In worksheet will appear with your Change Items.
- Type Descriptions for new lines that you want to add to the SOV workbook.
- Change the Original Amount numbers so that the total for the Change Order remains the same.
- Select the Append to SOV option.
All the lines will appear on the Application worksheet, attributed to the correct Change Order, and the totals will be correct.