Workflow scripts can be created by individuals who have permission to create new documents. Workflow scripts on a document apply only to that document. For this reason, we recommend that you set up workflow scripts in a predefined route or, even better, through the Workflow Scripts tool whenever possible so that the script can apply to many documents.
- Create or open a document of the desired type from the Project Dashboard.
- Click on the Route Detail tab.
- Select Add a Routee from the Route Options menu then:
- Type Spitfire in the To field. Spitfire is not available through the Lookup feature; you will need to type it in. However, once you start typing Spitfire, it will appear in the auto-fill choices.
- (optional) In the Due field, enter or select from the calendar a due date for when the workflow script should start. If no date is indicated, the workflow script will start as soon as the document is routed to Spitfire.
- Accept the row, then:
- Select Create Workflow from the row’s Options menu. The text editor window will appear.
- Type your workflow script. We encourage the use of ATC: CALL to call a script stored in the workflow script library (where it can be easily maintained). See the Index of ATC commands for more information.
- Save your script and close the text editor.
- Back on your document, save your changes.
Last updated: September 19, 2017 at 10:00 am;