In Spitfire, I can click on a Spitfire report and the Report Parameters are displayed, but the report doesn‘t print and I get a page cannot be found error (HTTP 404 – File not found). Why?
Since the Spitfire reports are showing on the menu and you can see the Report Parameters section of the report, the most likely problem is that your website isn‘t set up properly to handle the .pdf extension.
To configure your sfPMS application for .PDF files:
- In Internet Information Services, locate the Virtual Directory created for your Spitfire application.
- Right-click to open the context menu.
- Choose Properties.
- Click the Configuration button.
- In the Application Configuration dialog, select the Mappings tab.
- Select .aspx and click Edit.
- Copy the contents of the Executable field.
- Click Cancel to close the Add/Edit Application Extension Mapping dialog.
- Click Add.
- In the Executable field, paste the info you copied from .aspx.
- In Verbs, select All Verbs.
- Select Script engine.
- Clear Check that file exists (since your .pdf reports will be created on the fly).
- Click OK twice to return to the Properties dialog.
- Click OK again to close the Properties dialog.
Spitfire adds three extensions to the Spitfire application in IIS: .doc, .pdf, and .exe. All three extensions use the same Executable, All verbs, and Script Engines. Both .doc and .pdf create files on the fly and therefore require the Check that File exists option to be clear (not selected). Note that the .exe extensions requires the Check that File exists option to be selected. The Spitfire Installation and Configuration Tool (ICTool) will normally configure these extensions in IIS for you.See KBA-01087 for additional troubleshooting tips.
KBA-01045; Last updated: October 13, 2016 at 13:29 pm;
Keywords: report page cannot be found