I have vendors set up for employees that receive reimbursement for expenses. Spitfire creates a duplicate contact for these people. How do I prevent duplicate contacts for employees who are also vendors?
Spitfire cannot associate the VendorID with the EmployeeID unless you include the VendorID on the Microsoft Dynamics SL (DSL) Project Controller Employee and Resource Maintenance screen (PA.EMP.00).
- Enter the VendorID for the Employee in the VendorID field in the Employee IDs section.
DSL will save the Employee‘s Vendor ID in pjemply.em_id01 and Spitfire will check this field to associate an employee with a Vendor ID and create just one Spitfire Contact for the Employee.
- After making your edits in DSL, you must delete the extraneous Spitfire contact for the employee as a Vendor.
To delete the extra Spitfire contact:
- On the Contacts Dashboard, select Contacts.
- Search for Names Like ‘the employee name‘.
- Select the ‘extra‘ contact (the one created for the employee with a DSL Vendor ID).
- Check that this contact has not been assigned any Roles. If so, delete all the assigned Roles and Save.
- Click the Delete icon in the Contact list and confirm the deletion.
If the Delete icon is not available for your extra contact, contact Support. Once a Spitfire contact has been routed a document or made a Responsible Party, the contact cannot simply be deleted.
KBA-01101; Last updated: September 18, 2017 at 10:28 am;