I‘m not able to print a Spitfire Report. If I try to Configure SQL RS from Spitfire ICTool, I get a long error message beginning with ‘Attempt to connect using Server=ServerName; App=sfCfg; Trusted_Connection=True; Connect Timeout=10 caused error System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot generate SSPI context…‘
If I try to access the Report Server directly in my browser, I see the following error: ‘The permissions granted to user ‘SERVERNAMEIUSR_SERVERNAME‘ are not sufficient for performing this operation (rsAccessDenided).‘
SQL Reporting Services requires Windows Authentication, therefore your Report Server and your Report‘s web sites in IIS cannot be configured for anonymous access.
To configure your SQL Report Services website:
- In IIS, open your web site and locate your ReportServer virtual directory.
- Right-click and select Properties on the context menu.
- Click on the Directory Security tab.
- In the Anonymous Access and Authentication control area, click Edit.
- On the Authentication Methods dialog box, be sure that Anonymous access in the top section is clear (not checked) and that Integrated Windows authentication in the bottom section is selected (checked).
- Repeat for your Reports virtual directory.
SERVERNAMEIUSR_SERVERNAME is the default name used for anonymous access to web sites.
KBA-01129; Last updated: October 13, 2016 at 13:38 pm;
Keywords: rsAccessDenied, Reporting Services, error