Although we enter notes in single space, when those notes are merged into a template, they appear as double-spaced or with extra line spacing between paragraphs. How can we prevent this?
Microsoft Word is using default settings to add extra space after your paragraph. To fix this:
- Download the template if already in the template libarary (the Templates tool on either the Manage or System Admin Dashboard).
- Open the template.
- Right-click on the Normal style on the Home ribbon.
- Select Modify Style.
- Select Format | Paragraph.
- In the Spacing fields, make Before and After equal to 0 (not Auto).
- Check Don‘t add space between paragraphs of the same syle.
- Click OK to save.
- Save the Word File
- Close Word
- Upload the new version of the template into the Spitfire Template Library
As always, updating the template library does not update attachments that have already been created from prior versions of the template.
KBA-01546; Last updated: November 3, 2016 at 13:17 pm
Keywords: Word, double-space, notes, remove space, double spaced, blank lines