- Decide what email address you want to use for your site and set it up with your email provider.
- Go to ICTool and select the SMTP tab to set up outbound email.
- In the SMTP Server field, enter smtp.office365.com.
- In the Port field, enter 587.
- Check the Use SMTP with TLS… checkbox.
- Enter the email address in both the SMTP User and Mail From field (Office365 typically uses the email address as the account id)
- Go to the sfATC tab to set up inbound email (see also KBA-01263).
- In the POP Server field, enter outlook.office365.com.
- In the Port field, enter 995.
- In the SSL field, select Yes.
- In the POP/User and Password fields, specify the same values you provided for SMTP in step 6 above.
- Review the email address on the SEND ROUTE tab (not shown) – this email address should either match the Office 365 account name or be listed as an alias for the account.
- Go to the Finish tab and click the Publish Configuration button.
Types of Office 365 Accounts
Since Spitfire sfPMS does not use Office applications, you can assign a “Business Essentials” or E1 type license.
We recommend that you use a mailbox-only account rather than an AD Integrated account – that way if the account were to be compromised it would not allow access to your network, just the single mailbox. This means that you may have an AD account without a mailbox for use by IT and Spitfire Support to connect to the IIS server, and a separate email only account.
Do not enable multi-factor authentication (MFA) for this account, or setup an “app password” and provide this to ICTool.
KBA-01693; Last updated: June 29, 2020 at 17:08 pm