How do I get and send logs from my Chrome browser?
How do I get and send logs from my Edge browser?
To get a log, you typically want something you can reproduce on demand.
Here is one way:
- If at all possible, start with a nice fresh tab that you just opened. (Either a freshly opened document or right click on a dashboard tab and choose “duplicate”).
- Click on white space and choose “Inspect” (CTRL+SHIFT+I).
- With the Chromium Devtools open, select Console (across the top). If there are existing lines, clear them by clicking the “clear” icon.
- Switch back on your page/tab, go to the end of the address bar (on top) and hit ENTER. This is *not* the same as the refresh button; this does a full page reload, this time with Chromium DevTools open.
- Reproduce your symptom.
- Find the DevTools Console again; (You can repeat CTRL+SHIFT+I if necessary)
- Right mouse-click on any line in the Console output and choose Save As.
- Ideally, name the file with your case number. The log file will be saved in the user’s Downloads folder by default
- Send the log file to support.
KBA-01799; Last updated: June 11, 2020 at 9:33 am