The ComplianceNotificationText rules provide the text for the introduction, notification and action paragraphs on the Compliance Notification document that is generated for various Compliance types.
The ComplianceNotificationText rule group is found in the Rules Maintenance tool on the System Admin Dashboard. Each rule in the rule group consists of a rule name, a filter value (which can be blank) and a result value.
Any Compliance type
The ComplianceNotificationText rules accept a Compliance type (as defined in the Compliance Type tool and appearing on the filter drop-down) as the filter value.
The ComplianceNotificationText rules accept any text as the result value. Note: there is a 196-character limit in the Result Value field. If your text is longer than 196 characters you will need to:
- Split your text into smaller segments, each of any length up to 194 characters,
- Append $+ to the end of each segment, except the last one.
- Add a rule row for each segment. These rules should have names that indicate they are a continuation of the first rule, for example: Introduction, Introduction.01, Introduction.02, etc.
Your text can also include the following placeholders:
- \n = a new line.
- $$ComplianceAmount$ = the compliance item amount, if any (see \?…\? below).
- $$ComplianceCarrier$ = the compliance item carrier, if any (see \?…\? below).
- $$ComplianceDescription$ = the compliance item description.
- $$ComplianceDue$ = the compliance item “required by” date and time.
- $$ComplianceExpiration$ = the compliance item expiration date, if any (see \?…\? below)
- $$ComplianceName$ = the compliance type name
- $$ComplianceRoute$ = the text in the WorkflowRouting rule (below).
- \?…\? = remove this section if it contains any empty replacements.
Specifies (in the result value) the text used in the Action field (third paragraph) on the Compliance Notification document. (This text is stored in xsfDocRevisionNoteB.) The default is We reserve the right to withhold payment from your firm until all issues are resolved.\nContact our office if you have any questions.
Specifies (in the result value) the text used in the Introduction field (first paragraph) on the Compliance Notification document. (This text is stored in xsfDocRevision.Notes.) The default is We have not yet received the item described below. Timely receipt is critical to the schedule of the project.
Specifies (in the result value) the text used in the Notification field (second paragraph) on the Compliance Notification document. (This text is stored in xsfDocRevision.NoteA.) The default is $$ComplianceName$\n$$ComplianceDescription$\n\?Carrier: $$ComplianceCarrier$\n\?\?In the amount of $$ComplianceAmount$\n\?\?Expiring on: $$ComplianceExpiration$\n\?\?Compliance required by: $$ComplianceDue$\n\?.
Specifies (in the result value) the option(s) for the ATC: ROUTE command used in the default Compliance Notification workflow script, by way of the $$ComplianceRoute$ placeholder (above). The default is AUTO; AUTOACCEPTED FROM FINAL. Any valid ATC: ROUTE option can be indicated. (For more information about the ATC: ROUTE command, see the ATC Scripts and Automatic Workflow technical white paper.)
Instead of using these rules, you can create Attachment templates for the Compliance Notification document and have workflow scripts use your templates. Additionally, you can design your notification routing so that an appropriate staff member has the opportunity to refine the generated text before sending the notification on to the vendor.You can design your own notification report for SQL Reporting Services and configure it as the print format for compliance notifications. See KBA-01088.
KBA-01200; Last updated: March 20, 2018 at 10:08 am;
Keywords: rules, How do I customize the messages generated for Compliance Notifications?