In Microsoft Dynamics SL, I need to assign specific Workers Comp codes to specific Cost Codes whenever that Cost Code is added to a project. Can Spitfire automatically do this for me?
Yes. You will need to do some setup work, but once configured, every time you add a Cost Code to a project, Spitfire will add the designated WKCC to that Cost Code.
In Microsoft Dynamics SL,
- Enter your Workers Comp Codes.
- Add the Data1 (or Data2) field to your Cost Code Code Type.
- In Code File Maintenance, enter the appropriate WKCC for the Cost Codes requiring a WKCC in the Data1 (or Data2) field.
- Go to the Rules Maintenance tool on the System Admin Dashboard.
- Open the WBSConfig rule group.
- Add the following rules:
- WKCCSource — A code type in PJCODE for your Cost Codes with your WKCC codes in Data1 or Data2. For example 0TSK.
- WKCCDataFrom — Result value can be 1 or 2. Use 1 for PJCODE.Data1 (or 2 for PJCODE.Data2).
- WKCCMapStart — Use 1.
- WKCCMapLen — The length (number of characters) of your Cost Code.
Once you have the setup complete, whenever Spitfire adds a Cost Code to your project, the WKCC code linked to that Cost Code in PJCODE will be entered in the Worker Comp Code field for the Cost Code (pjpentex.pe_id14).
KBA-01358 for an Overview of the WBSConfig rules.
KBA-01360; Last updated: October 20, 2016 at 12:16 pm;